In order to provide many years of safe and reliable service, the gas powered central heating boiler relies on all parts functioning correctly. Just like a car, your boiler needs annual servicing to prevent unnecessary wear and minimise the risk of breakdown. These are some examples of what is covered/ to look for but not a complete list.
- Ensure correct gas pressure and flow.
- Ensure the flue and combustion using (where appropriate) a flue gas analyser to make sure the boiler is burning the right mixture of gas and air.
- Inspect water and gas pipework for corrosion and any sign of malfunction, including a number of safety checks in accordance with gas regulation (GSIUR 1998 )
- Check that all seals are intact.
- Clean the dirt trap, if installed.
- Clean inside the boiler, where appropriate.
- Check that all electrical connections are clean and in good working condition.
- Check that fans and other key components are all clear and working effectively.
- Check to ensure the main electrodes are in a good condition.
- Test all safety devices for proper function.
- Ensure that the condensate trap and pipe is not blocked.
For more information, free professional advice, and a free competitive quotation, please give us a call today.