A good Central heating system is one of the necessities during the autumn / winter seasons. When it fails it changes the feel of your home – in an instant. A faulty central heating system will normally come hand in hand with a bill, and they are never welcome. Perhaps the most important factor is the potential risk to your family, so it is vital to be proactive when considering harmful gases inside your home. Preventative / routine maintenance is often cheaper than repairs too.
Here are some potential warning signs but always remember to take professional advice on any query or suspicion:
1. Peculiar Internal Noise: Any type of peculiar noise needs to be checked so call an expert for further assistance. A good system should run smoothly and quietly.
2. Smells: Be mindful of strange or gas like smells, if it is the latter seek immediate professional help.
3. High Energy Bills: Your energy bill is also a sign that your central heating system needs some repair work. If the system is not running efficiently, your bills will reflect this.
4. Inadequate heat: An aged unit with poor maintenance can also mean that your home takes a long time to heat up. Some systems are so poor that they take all night to heat up at which point its bed time and you switch it off!
5. Frequent Maintenance: When your heating system demands maintenance in between services or you find yourself getting engineers out with greater frequency, it may be time to change the boiler. This will probably save you money in the long term too.
Above are some of the signs on the status of your central heating system. It may be time to decide which course of action is best.